We invite you to join this comprehensive tour of Croatia. This will be our 20th organized group trip and a return to the Middle Dalmatia region. We take in the the key highlights and the deep history of the region and its people with an itinerary focused on the Northern Adriatic region of Croatia. We’ll feature visits to key coastal cities and some inland gems along the way to learn of their influence on the Croatian culture. The capital city of Zagreb is our base for the first few days of exploring and sampling the cuisine and products of the country.
Download Trip Brochure
Comprehensive Trip cancellation and Travel Insurance available and highly recommended.
Cost for this Insurance coverage varies depending on the age of the travelers. Please call for details.
For information and reservations, please contact:
Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company
25000 Country Club Blvd.
Cleveland, Ohio 44070
August 30 – Monday – Depart USA/Canada
Begin your journey to Europe today! Most travelers will change planes in the US and again in a European gateway city.
August 31 – Tuesday – Arrive Zagreb
Those arriving on flights arranged through Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company will be met at the Zagreb airport and transferred to our centrally located hotel, The Dubrovnik Hotel in Central Zagreb. Free afternoon to wander the local area and enjoy activities in the main square right in front of the hotel. This evening we rendezvous for an orientation talk and special Welcome Dinner! (D)
September 1 – Wednesday – Walking tour of Zagreb
After breakfast we’ll meet a local expert guide for a walking tour of the city. The Upper Town with its famous St. Marks church sporting the Croatian Crest on its colorful roof top. Evening free in the capitol city. (B, L)
September 2 – Thursday – Planned visit; Croatian Archives
A day dedicated to assisting with family research with the professional at the Croatian Archives. This afternoon we are offering an optional cooking demonstration and learning class near the old market. This food and craft market features Croatian artisans and merchants. Dinner at a local Zagreb favorite this evening. (B, D)
September 3 – Friday – Zagreb to Pag
Depart Zagreb head south toward the coast on a Friday morning. This is our chance to visit the world famous Plitvice National Park! Stroll around the cascading lakes and enjoy the wonderful nature. Then visit a favorite of ours, the restaurant at Villa Rubcic. Depart the rugged forest and head to the coast. Cross over to the Island of Pag. Check into the city center Hotel Pagus and enjoy a dinner featuring regional specialties. (B, L, D)
September 4 – Saturday – ZADAR board the mv Mama Marija
Visit Pag with our local guide including the Museum of Salt, and the Museum of Lace. Then visit Kolan Sirana Gligora, to see how they produce cheese and afterwards, try some cheese and prosciutto with local wine, bread and olive oil. In the afternoon, head for the town of NIN and its famous church from the 1100s where Croatians Kings were crowned. We then reach Zadar this evening to board our chartered cruise ship and join the reception on board followed by a welcome dinner and our first overnight on board. (B, Snack, D)
September 5 – Sunday – Zadar to Sali
Walking tour of Zadar in the morning. Zadar’s historical center is a compact pedestrian zone, perfect to explore on foot and admire the old walls built in 16th century by Venetians as a defense from Turks. You will see 16th century Port Gate where the Venetian lion (symbol of Venice) still guards the entrance, also see the Square of the 5 Wells, church of St. Donat, Roman Forum (1st century BC) and the biggest cathedral in Dalmatia – St. Anastasia Cathedral.
Dalmatia begins here, Zadar is home to Roman ruins and a modern Sea Organ. The town of Sali on the Island of Dugi Otok (Long Island) is a lovely town where sail boaters dock. Lunch on board, departure from Zadar with swim stop and sail to Sali for an overnight. (B, L)
September 6 – Monday – Sali to Sibenik
Morning sail through the entrance to National Park Kornati which has more than 140 islands with numerous coves and crystal clear waters. Stop for swimming with “en-route” on-board lunch. We continue to National Park Krka with its magnificent karstic beauty and waterfalls, continue by road to join the ship in Sibenik for overnight. (B, L)
September 7 – Tuesday – Sibenik – Trogir – Split
In the morning we start sailing to Trogir, stop on the way for a swim. Lunch on-board, and in afternoon we arrive in Trogir. Free time in Trogir and in the afternoon depart to Split. Walking tour of the historic inner city, built around the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. See the remnants of Split’s Roman heritage, its Renaissance and Gothic structures, Jupiter’s Temple, the Peristyle and the Cathedral. (B, L)
September 8 – Wednesday – Split, Bol, Hvar
Morning departure from Split to Bol said to have the best beach in Croatia for a swim. The Golden Horn is a vast, golden pebble beach some 530 meters long, it is quite unique as it changes shape and position depending on the winds. Continue sailing to the island of Hvar with unique cultural and historical heritage. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Hvar, town with the first public theatre in Europe (older than Shakespeare’s Theatre, the Franciscan Monastery and many more historic sights. Evening in Hvar free to explore and dine at one of the local family restaurants. (B, L)
September 9 – Thursday – Hvar, Korcula, Mljet
After breakfast departure to Korcula. Early afternoon arrival in the port. Lunch on board. Korcula is the acclaimed birthplace of the famous explorer Marco Polo. Walking tour will take you through narrow, cobbled streets and will include visit to the majestic Gothic-Baroque Cathedral of St. Mark. Continue sailing to island Mljet where the Captain of the ship will host us for dinner on board. (B, L, D)
September 10 – Friday – Mljet to Dubrovnik
Morning tour inside Mljet National Park, where you will enjoy a beautiful walk around the Great and the Small Lake. Lunch on board. Head to Grgich Winery, center of the famous American wine producer in Trstenik. In the afternoon arrival to Dubrovnik, the pearl of the Adriatic, a famous UNESCO’s World Heritage City. Begin a walking tour of old Dubrovnik including entrances to Rector’s Palace and Franciscan Monastery with its Pharmacy. In the evening enjoy local wine as we dine at one of numerous local restaurants in Dubrovnik – Farewell dinner (B, L, D)
September 11 – Saturday – Dubrovnik/Cavtat
Some of our group will fly back today. Depart after breakfast. Expect an early morning transfer directly to the Dubrovnik airport for your flight home. (B)
Optional Extension – add 2 nights in Dubrovnik!
The rest of our group will head to the beautiful Hotel Croatia in nearby Cavtat for a two night stay alongside the Adriatic. Cavtat, a half hour boat ride from Dubrovnik, is a lovely town with one of Croatia’s best hotels. Enjoy a relaxing open day in this right sized port city and our wonderful views overlooking the Adriatic! (B)
September 12 – Sunday – Cavtat Konavle Excursion
Enjoy a leisurely seaside morning before we head inland to visit the art shop AR ATELIER to meet the owner and artist Antonia Rusković Radonić in the town of Gruda. Here we’ll learn how silk worms are raised
and learn how to make silk thread. Then we explore the fertile Konavle region and finish the day at an ancient former olive oil press mill. Later this evening we enjoy a traditional dinner at the rustic Konavle restaurant, Mlinica Sapro near Cilipi. Back to Cavtat to enjoy the sunset. (B, D)
September 13 – Monday – Dubrovnik Airport
An early morning transfer to the nearby Dubrovnik airport for flights home or to the next European adventure!
Included in your land and sea tour:
- Escorted throughout by our experienced host: Robert Jerin
- Private air-conditioned deluxe motor coach for all transfers
- Welcome dinner and drink at our Hotel Dubrovnik in Zagreb
- Welcome reception, 11 breakfasts, 8 lunches, and 5 dinners
- Expert local guides, and tour manager Alen for the entire time
- Visit the amazing 16 cascading lakes in Plitvice National Park
- Visit the National Archives in Zagreb with trained researchers
- Visit the Island of Pag to see lace making and cheese tastings
- Regional wines to sample and local snacks in Pag
- 7 nights on the mv MAMA MARIJA, daily breakfast and lunch
- Air conditioned cabins with private facilities, safes, amenities
- On board Hosted experiences, Wifi, sundeck, swim platform
- Captain’s Dinner on board while docked in Mljet Harbor
- Fresh fruits, bottled water, beach towels, afternoon tea & coffee
- Wine tasting at the famous Grgich Vineyards in Trstenik
- Traditional dinner in the Konavle region near Cilipi for those on the 2 night extension in Dubrovnik
$3225 – 12 day Cruise and Tour
(Per Person Double Occupancy -Main Deck)
$3550 Per Person Upper Deck Cabin
Single Hotel Room Supplement: +$295
Single Cabin on the ship is +$1500
- Add air from your home city to; Zagreb, and return from Dubrovnik
- Airfare available from most major cities and we will shop for your best options
- Stay 2 more nights in Dubrovnik with local touring: $425 per person in a double room
- Your Initial Deposit of $400 per person secures your hotel rooms, the 7 night cruise, and the motor coach tour
- Full Payment is due no later than 75 days before departure, June 15, 2021
Price is based on current exchange rate ($1.15 USD/Euro) and is subject to change if the rate varies by more than 3% at the time of full payment.
FULL PAYMENT IS DUE June 15 2021.
- Because airline space is limited at special group rates, we urge your deposit of U.S.D. $400 per person as soon as possible. After all airline group space is gone, fares are subject to increase. Minimum of 20 passengers will be needed to operate this tour at the advertised price. Prices are subject to change if the Euro varies by more than 3% at time of final payment.
- Baggage Allowance: Free airline baggage allowance is two bags per person in addition to a carry-on piece. However, the tour operator has requested that there be a limit of 1 large suitcase at 50 pounds per person due to space restrictions aboard the motorcoach and airlines weight allowances. NO RESPONSIBILITY IS INCURRED FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO BAGGAGE OR ANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS. TRAVEL BAGGAGE INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED AND AVAILABLE THROUGH PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL A DIRECT TRAVEL COMPANY.
- Passport Requirements: A valid passport is required of all tour participants. A U.S.. passport is valid for 10 years. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months following your return to the United States. To apply for passports you can contact either your local passport office, Clerk of the District, or County Court. Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company will be happy to help you obtain the necessary forms.
- Tour Price Excludes: Airport Departure Taxes, customs user fees, passports, all visa fees, optional tours, telephone, telex, fax and telegram charges, excess baggage charges, sundry tips, laundry, beverages and food not on the regular table d’hôte menu (these items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, or restaurant), portage at U.S./Canada airports and all other items of a personal nature. Service charges at hotels and restaurants are prepaid. Travel Insurance is not included.
- Refund and Unused or Amended Tour Arrangements: Unused hotel accommodations, tour features or services are non-refundable, nor exchangeable for other accommodations, services or features. Should there be any reason to change features of the tour for the group, any additional expenses will be charged to the tour members. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, hotels substituted will be the equivalent of those shown. Single room available at a supplemental charge.
- Cancellation Penalties: If you cancel your reservation, your right to receive a refund is limited as set forth in the following schedules. All requests for refunds must be sent to us in writing. Charges for cancellation of the tour will be assessed by the participating airlines, tour operators, and hotels as follows:
After deposit….. ………………………………………..U.S. $50.00 per person
90-61 days prior to departure ……………………..U.S. $400 per person, plus air fare
60-45 days prior to departure ……………………..U.S. $1000 per person, plus air fare
44-30 days prior to departure …………………… U.S. $2500.00 per person, plus air fare
29 days or less prior to departure ………………..100% Penalty and No Refund.
Cancellation charges also apply to additional accommodations reserved prior to and after the tour.
- Insurance. While every effort is made to ensure that baggage is properly handled and that the cancellation charges to you are kept to a minimum, Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company cannot be held responsible for damages, loss or theft of luggage or personal belongings. You may secure a policy for baggage insurance, as well as insurance against sickness or accident, or trip cancellation and interruption insurance through Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company. Important terms concerning pre-existing medical conditions, which are not covered, are described in the insurance brochure which will be sent for your review.
- Air Fare Facts: Air fares quoted in this brochure are subject to change without notice and are based on fares in effect at the time of printing. Late bookings can be accepted at slightly higher fares. Should there be an announced increase (by the airline) in the air fare, Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company will contact passengers who will then be given the opportunity to pay for the air fare in full and be ticketed to avoid the increase. Airline surcharges and fees if increased will be passed on to the client.
- Revisions: A handling fee of U.S.D. $30.00 per transaction will be charged for any alteration or revision. A change of tour date or tour itinerary within 45 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation and new booking; regular cancellation fees apply.
- Responsibility Clause: Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) is responsible to you in making arrangements for the tour services offered in this brochure, including transportation, sightseeing and hotel accommodations. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers providing tour services are independent contractors and are not agents, employees or servants of or joint ventures with the Company. All certificates and other travel documents for tour services issued by the Company are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the suppliers and to the laws of the countries in which services are supplied. If the services included on the tour cannot be supplied or there are changes in an itinerary for reasons beyond the control of the Company, the Company will arrange for the provision of comparable services. Any resulting additional expenses will be payable by tour participants and any resulting savings will be refunded by the Company to tour participants. The Company reserves the right to make changes in the itinerary whenever the Company deems it necessary to the comfort, convenience or safety of the tour participants, and to cancel a tour at any time. If the Company cancels a tour, it shall have no responsibility beyond the refund of all monies paid to the Company by the tour participant. The tour participant agrees that neither the Company nor Robert Jerin shall be liable for any damages, loss (including personal injury, death and property loss) or expenses occasioned by any act or omission of any supplier providing tour services or of any other person. No person, other than an authorized representative of the Company by a document in writing, is authorized to vary any term or condition in this brochure, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions. Based on current Exchange Rate of 1.15 $US/Euro. Subject to change should currency change by 3% or more.
Registration is closed for this event.