We invite you to join this comprehensive tour of Croatia. This will be our 15th organized group trip and a return to the Istria region. We take in the the key highlights and the deep history of the region and its people with an itinerary focused on the Northern Adriatic region of Croatia. We’ll feature visit key coastal cities of the region and learn of their influence on the Croatian culture. The capital city of Zagreb is our base for the last few days of exploring and sampling the cuisine and products of the country.
Comprehensive Trip cancellation and Travel Insurance available and highly recommended.
Cost for this Insurance coverage varies depending on the age of the travelers. Please call for details.
For information and reservations, please contact:
Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company
25000 Country Club Blvd.
Cleveland, Ohio 44070
July 14 – Wednesday – Depart USA/Canada
Begin your journey to Europe today! Most travelers will change planes in the US and again in a European gateway city.
July 15 – Thursday – Arrive in one of these airports: ZAGREB, LJUBLJANA, TRIESTE, VENICE.
We will arrange a meeting and transfer to Opatija, where we check in to the Grand Hotel in the center of Opatija. Welcome dinner at hotel, overnight Opatija.
July 16 – Friday – Morning walk tour of Opatija
After breakfast we’ll meet a local expert guide for a walking tour of the city to learn more about its rich history and enjoy mix of Venetians, secession, baroque, gothic and other styles – all perfectly incorporated in elegant atmosphere which made Opatija one of the most popular destinations for sightseeing in Croatia since the 19th century when the Habsburgs turned it into one of Europe’s most popular destinations where nobles and aristocrats enjoyed in moments of peace …. Impressively decorated parks and gardens, long promenades, remarkable centuries old Austrian villas, beautiful beaches and the warm climate and Maiden with a seagull which is today a symbol of Opatija. After nice walk, board your bus for a half day tour to Istria – the largest Croatian peninsula. First stop is city of Rovinj with its magical old town – one of the best known Croatian panorama point. Lunch in a typical trattoria – family run restaurant. Rovinj is one of the most developed seaside resorts in Croatia, offering a whole range of opportunities to visitors in a picturesque ambiance of the ancient town, surrounded by luxuriant pine forests. City tour in duration of 1.5 hour and transfer to Motovun –medieval city located on the top of the hill. Wine tasting before going back to Opatija. Dinner on own arrangement, overnight Opatija.
July 17 – Saturday – Opatija to Krk Island
After breakfast we head to the harbor front to meet the crew and then board our ship for a 1PM departure. Enjoy a lunch on board followed by a swimming stop in the crystal clear sea en route to Krk island – the largest of the Croatian islands. Krk has immense variety in its villages large and small, gentle green promenades, bare rocky wilderness, tiny islands and hundreds of hidden bays and beaches. Evening at leisure to enjoy numerous cafes and restaurants alongside the buzzing waterfront. Overnight in docked in the town of Krk.
July 18 – Sunday – Krk to Rab Island
After breakfast on board, we cruise towards Rab island, known as the “Island of Love”. Stroll through the town encircled by medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches, palaces, stone streets and ancient facades. Enjoy the “gallery” on the streets and squares where local artists display their works, and be sure to try the famous “Rapska torta“ cake, it is a must. If time allows walk up to Kamenjak hill to enjoy the magnificent sunset. Overnight docked in the town of Rab.
July 19 – Monday – Rab Island to Zadar
Morning cruise from Rab towards Zadar along the coast of Pag island with a swimming stop on the tiny MAUN Island. Enjoy a guided tour of the city, which was for centuries the metropolis of Dalmatia, and today is the centre of the region. Zadar is rich in cultural heritage of world importance visible on every step. See the Roman forum dating to the 1st century AD, the church of St. Donatus dating to the 9th century AD – the most famous Medieval basilica and the symbol of the city, the mighty city walls with representative Port and Land gates from the 16th century AD, and numerous palaces, villas. The town is full of great restaurants mostly in the centre. Of special interest is the famous Zadar ‘Sea Organ’, unique in the world along with the nearby “The Greeting to the Sun” light installation. Overnight in the port of Zadar.
July 20 – Tuesday – Zadar to Kornati/Vodice
Morning departure for the National Park Kornati, which consists of around 90 islands, islets and rock outcroppings. In addition to the many islands, the ‘dry land’ part includes only ¼ of the surface area of the park, while the rest belongs to the marine ecosystem. Enjoy the ruins of the ancient Ilyrian fortress, Roman villas, old Christian church of St Mary, medieval fortresses and settlements which enrich the islands’ heritage, and the reefs here are sometimes as steep as 100m deep in the sea. Afterwards we continue to Vodice, a typical small Dalmatian town, where we will overnight on board our vessel. Enjoy your evening at one of the beautiful terraces and abundant restaurants or simply enjoy walking along the beautiful beaches of this pretty Dalmatian coastal town. Overnight in Vodice.
July 21 – Wednesday – Vodice to Krka Waterfalls/Primošten
Enjoy the beautiful view of the Krka River Canyon while cruising towards the town of Primošten. After lunch, you will wonder at the stunning natural beauty and waterfalls of the Krka National Park. Enjoy your evening in this fascinating, picturesque small town. This is the place to taste the unique local wines, for which this town is known. Overnight alongside the pier in Primošten.
July 22 – Thursday – Primošten to Trogir
Today we head for “Little Venice”, or the floating museum town as TROGIR is often called. Located on a small island, connected to the mainland and the Čiovo peninsula by two bridges. The town is a magical place that offers plenty of cultural and historical monuments, charming small “konobas” – Croatian taverns and restaurants that offer a wide range of typical Dalmatian specialties. Enjoy your explorations of this classic town then return to the ship for tonight’s Captain`s dinner served on board. Overnight in the picturesque Trogir harbour.
July 23 – Friday – Trogir to Split
Our final destination is situated near Trogir, giving us ample time for swimming and sunbathing in one of the bays of the Čiovo peninsula or on Šolta island in the little village Stomorska. In the afternoon hours, we continue our cruise to Split, enjoying the breath-taking view of the Split Riviera. Split is a city under UNESCO protection, and the historical richness and beauty of this centuries-old place reach out to local residents and visitors alike. Upon arrival, we recommend a walk through the old city centre, the 1700 years old Diocletian’s Palace and other places of interest in this city. Split is Croatia’s second largest city and comes alive in the evenings. We spend a last night onboard the mvMARKAN in Split allowing you to wander the thriving promenade this evening.
July 24 – Saturday – Split to Karlovac
After breakfast say goodbye to the crew and meet our tour guide and coach driver for the next part of our adventure. Take a seat on your deluxe motorcoach which will take you toward Karlovac (est. 4 hours’ drive) where you will arrive right on time for check in at our hotel. Along the way we will stop in Ličko Lešće for a lunch with local music. Once settled into the hotel, we’ve planned a nice walk around the city, along the shores of four Karlovac rivers. Overnight Karlovac.
July 25 – Sunday – Karlovac to Bukovlje
Today is a special day, as we take a journey back in time. We begin a full day trek into the inland regions for our special event, a grand picnic party with our local hosts in Bukovlje village. The village has made it a tradition to host our heritage and history groups with a celebration of music, dancing, too much food & local drinks. This heartfelt meeting with the local villagers is always a favourite. In the early evening we return to our hotel for an overnight in Karlovac.
July 26 – Monday – Karlovac to Ozalj/Vivodina/Zagreb
After breakfast we check out from our hotel and head toward Zagreb. Our first stop will be Ozalj, then we continue to Žumberačko Gorje for the dramatic scenery. We’ll stop for a break in Vivodina to enjoy a typical lunch with wine tasting. Arrival to Zagreb during afternoon, check in to your centrally located hotel. Dinner on own this evening. Overnight Zagreb.
July 27 – Tuesday – Zagreb
Morning walking tour with local guide. Zagreb is the bustling capitol of Croatia, a cultural, historical and business metropolis with many beautiful attractions such as: Ban Jelacic square, the Zagreb Cathedral, the old Upper town area, Stone gate, the classic St. Marco’s church with its colourful tiles roof. Some may want to climb up the tower of Lotrscak, or perhaps stroll the extensive Botanical gardens. The afternoon is left open for individual pursuits, overnight Zagreb.
July 28 – Wednesday – Zagorje Excursion
Full day tour to the rugged Zagorje County north of Zagreb. This ancient area recalls the medieval era that dominated this region for over a 1,000 years. Begin by visiting The Kumrovec ethno village recreates the scene and lifestyle of the feudal times. We will stop here for a short presentation and then break for sightseeing and lunch at Velika Tabor before heading to Gresna Gorica. Then to Krapina with its Museum of the Neanderthal, which traces our roots back another 20,000 years! The area is surrounding by romantic lakes and forested hills. Return to Zagreb in the afternoon. Dinner own arrangement, overnight.
July 29 – Thursday – Zagreb
Today is left open for individual pursuits and a morning visit to the Croatian Archives where the staff will host us and facilitate some research for those planning to do that. The afternoon is dedicated to last minute shopping and sightseeing before we rendezvous back at our hotel and then walk to our farewell dinner in one of typical Zagreb restaurants. Overnight Zagreb.
July 30 – Friday – Zagreb Airport
Transfers to Zagreb Airport for your flight back home.
- Escorted throughout by our experienced host: Robert Jerin
- Private air-conditioned deluxe motor coach for all transfers
- Welcome dinner and drink at our Hotel Bristol in Opatija
- Welcome reception, 15 breakfasts, 11 lunches, and 3 dinners
- Expert local guides, and tour manager Alen for the entire time
- Regional wines to sample and local snacks in Motovun
- 7 nights aboard the new mv MARKAN cruise ship
- Air conditioned cabins with private facilites, safes, amenities
- On board Hosted experiences Wifi, sundeck, swim platform
- Captain’s Dinner on board while docked in Trogir Harbor
- Lunch with local specialities and live music at Licko Lesce
- Traditional Village picnic party in Bukovlje
- Wine tasting and lunch event in Vivodina
- Visit the Kumrovec Ethno village recreating life in Zagorje
- Farewell dinner at our Hotel in Zagreb
$3,500 – 14 day Cruise and Tour
$3,825 – per person Upper Deck Cabin
(Per Person Double Occupancy -Main Deck)
Single Hotel Room Supplement: +$545
Single Cabin on the ship is +$1,500
- Add air from your home city to; Zagreb, Ljubljana, Trieste or Venice and return from Zagreb
- Airfare available from most major cities and we will shop for your best options, transfers included to and from Zagreb Airport
- Your Initial Deposit of $400 per person secures your hotel rooms, the 7 night cruise and the motor coach tour
- Full Payment is due no later than 75 days before departure, May 1, 2021
Price is based on current exchange rate ($1.12 USD/Euro) and is subject to change if the rate varies by more than 3% at the time of full payment
FULL PAYMENT IS DUE May 1, 2021.
- Because airline space is limited at special group rates, we urge your deposit of U.S.D. $500 per person as soon as possible. After all airline group space is gone, fares are subject to increase. Minimum of 20 passengers will be needed to operate this tour at the advertised price. Prices are subject to change if the Euro varies by more than 3% at time of final payment.
- Baggage Allowance. Free airline baggage allowance is two bags per person in addition to a carry-on piece. However, the tour operator has requested that there be a limit of 1 large suitcase at 50 pounds per person due to space restrictions aboard the motorcoach and airlines weight allowances. NO RESPONSIBILITY IS INCURRED FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO BAGGAGE OR ANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS. TRAVEL BAGGAGE INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED AND AVAILABLE THROUGH PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL A DIRECT TRAVEL COMPANY.
- Passport Requirements. A valid passport is required of all tour participants. A U.S. passport is valid for 10 years. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months following your return to the United States. To apply for passports you can contact either your local passport office, Clerk of the District, or County Court. Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company will be happy to help you obtain the necessary forms.
- Tour Price Excludes. Airport Departure Taxes, customs user fees, passports, all visa fees, optional tours, telephone, telex, fax and telegram charges, excess baggage charges, sundry tips, laundry, beverages and food not on the regular table d’hôte menu (these items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, or restaurant), portage at U.S./Canada airports and all other items of a personal nature. Service charges at hotels and restaurants are prepaid. Travel Insurance is not included.
- Refund and Unused or Amended Tour Arrangements. Unused hotel accommodations, tour features or services are non-refundable, nor exchangeable for other accommodations, services or features. Should there be any reason to change features of the tour for the group, any additional expenses will be charged to the tour members. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, hotels substituted will be the equivalent of those shown. Single room available at a supplemental charge.
- Cancellation Penalties. If you cancel your reservation, your right to receive a refund is limited as set forth in the following schedules. All requests for refunds must be sent to us in writing. Charges for cancellation of the tour will be assessed by the participating airlines, tour operators, and hotels as follows:
After deposit….. ………………………………………..U.S. $100.00 per person
90-75 days prior to departure ……………………..U.S. $500 per person, plus air fare
75-60 days prior to departure ……………………..U.S. $1000 per person, plus air fare
60-30 days prior to departure …………………… U.S. $2500.00 per person, plus air fare
29 days or less prior to departure ………………..100% Penalty and No Refund.
Cancellation charges also apply to additional accommodations reserved prior to and after the tour.
- Insurance. While every effort is made to ensure that baggage is properly handled and that the cancellation charges to you are kept to a minimum, Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company cannot be held responsible for damages, loss or theft of luggage or personal belongings. You may secure a policy for baggage insurance, as well as insurance against sickness or accident, or trip cancellation and interruption insurance through Professional Travel.
Important terms concerning pre-existing medical conditions, which are not covered, are described in the insurance brochure which will be sent for your review.
- Air Fare Facts. Air fares quoted in this brochure are subject to change without notice and are based on fares in effect at the time of printing. Late bookings can be accepted at slightly higher fares. Should there be an announced increase (by the airline) in the air fare, Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company will contact passengers who will then be given the opportunity to pay for the air fare in full and be ticketed to avoid the increase. Airline surcharges and fees if increased will be passed on to the client.
- Revisions. A handling fee of U.S.D. $30.00 per transaction will be charged for any alteration or revision. A change of tour date or tour itinerary within 45 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation and new booking; regular cancellation fees apply.
- Responsibility Clause. Professional Travel a Direct Travel Company (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) is responsible to you in making arrangements for the tour services offered in this brochure, including transportation, sightseeing and hotel accommodations. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers providing tour services are independent contractors and are not agents, employees or servants of or joint ventures with the Company. All certificates and other travel documents for tour services issued by the Company are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the suppliers and to the laws of the countries in which services are supplied. If the services included on the tour cannot be supplied or there are changes in an itinerary for reasons beyond the control of the Company, the Company will arrange for the provision of comparable services. Any resulting additional expenses will be payable by tour participants and any resulting savings will be refunded by the Company to tour participants. The Company reserves the right to make changes in the itinerary whenever the Company deems it necessary to the comfort, convenience or safety of the tour participants, and to cancel a tour at any time. If the Company cancels a tour, it shall have no responsibility beyond the refund of all monies paid to the Company by the tour participant. The tour participant agrees that neither the Company nor Robert Jerin shall be liable for any damages, loss (including personal injury, death and property loss) or expenses occasioned by any act or omission of any supplier providing tour services or of any other person. No person, other than an authorized representative of the Company by a document in writing, is authorized to vary any term or condition in this brochure, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions. Based on current Exchange Rate of 1.12 $US/Euro. Subject to change should currency change by 3% or more.
Meet M/S Zeus (2019)
Discover charming Croatian coastline and islands on brand new Deluxe yacht built in May 2019.
Indulge all your senses, explore inspiring destinations, fishermen’s villages and small and cosy restaurants on shore for tasting local Mediterranean cuisine and nightlife.
Intention of this cruise is to show beauty of our islands and thousand year old cities and their rich history, to present our lifestyle and heritage that we want to offer to our children as a gift.
The Itinerary is carefully prepared in order to give you right enough time to experience current history, sufficient time to undertake your own explorations of medieval towns and islands and have time for sightseeing, wine tastings, enjoy island’s dinner at cosy restaurants….
During 7 night cruise you will be able to gain an exciting experience of Croatian way of life, its past blended with present.
MS Zeus is 50m long, 8,8 m wide luxury yacht-like ship that will satisfy your refined expectations for a comfortable cruise along the Croatian Coast. Built for the season 2019 with latest state-of-the-art equipment and amenities, guaranteeing intimate cruise for all guests.
Closed Circuit Video surveillance, complete navigation equipment, fire alarm, smoke detectors, life rafts and tenders are there for your personal safety.
Modern non-smoking double or twin cabins are fully equipped with A/C, safe deposit box, Wi-Fi, Sat TV, fire alarm, smoke detectors, Shower, WC and bathroom toiletries, hair dryer, lifejackets, luggage space under the bed, cupboard & wardrobe cabinet with window or porthole.
Extra-large fully air-conditioned salon-restaurant on the upper deck, with separate bar and lounge area, big screen LCD TV, corner table for buffet breakfast, Wireless Internet, loud-speakers and audio-system for announcements by Captain or cruise manager, beautiful large windows for complete passenger’s satisfaction.
Outside fully covered terrace with sitting area, tables and chairs that can be closed with removable plastic windows (in case of winds) that are usually open for a breathtaking “sea view”.
Ship has platform for swimming, 2 ladders with handholds for an easy access to the water and two outdoor showers and public toilettes.
On the high deck is a sun deck that covers 390 m2 with sun-beds for passengers, while part of a sun deck is shaded for clients’ comfort. Here you can enjoy our Elegance Rooftop Jacuzzi designed to ensure an unforgettable cruise.
All the sexy details:
Year of Construction: May 2019
Hull: Steel boat
Length over all: 50,00m
Beam: 8,80 m
Engine: 2 x 394 HP
Cruising speed: 9 knots
Cabins: 19 + 1
-9 cabins on main deck with windows (twin or double cabin configuration)
-1 VIP double cabin on main deck.
-1 VIP double cabin on upper deck.
– 8 cabins on standard deck with 2 portholes (twin or double cabin configuration, some with extra bed)
Cabin sizes: 14-16 m2
Officers and staff nationality: Croatian