September 5 – 19, 2019
Hosted by Robert Jerin
Sailing from Split to Dubrovnik, Hvar, Korcula, Brac, The Peljasec Pennisula and back to Split
We invite you to join noted genealogist, Robert Jerin, for this custom designed exploration of Croatia’s history and heritage. We’ll have a chance to meet with local villagers as well as professionals working in the field of genealogy while we tour this country rich in tradition and benefit from a confluence of cultures. Croatia has long been shaped by her ties to the Adriatic Sea, and her 1001 islands. Spend the 1st week cruising the Dalmatian coastline aboard our private yacht, exploring island archipelagoes, visiting island towns with thousands of years of history and stopping in ports that pre-date Roman history.
Sail the Adriatic aboard the MV Admiral and then enjoy a land tour of inland Croatia!
Join us for this exciting and fun tour of Croatia during the early fall season. The days are still comfortable and the Adriatic still warm enough for a swim. After a day in Split near the old walls to adjust to our new time zone, we start a seven day cruise sailing the crystal clear blue waters of the Adriatic. Our stops along the way include ancient and historic ports and some seldom visited archipelagoes. A return to Split brings far enough north to overnight in Rijeka, and then stop in Slovenia for a festive night before our time in Zagreb for sightseeing and research for those planning some in-depth work!
September 5 – Thursday – Depart the USA
September 6 – Friday – SPLIT
After connecting flights in Europe – arrive in Croatia midday. Arrival in Croatia at the Split Airport. You will meet your guide and waiting motor coach for a short transfer to one of the centrally located hotels like CORNARO in the center of Split near the Old walls. Dinner & overnight Split. (D)
September 7 – Saturday – SPLIT
After a leisurely breakfast we will be transferred to the pier to board the recent addition to Katarina Line fleet. The MV Admiral is a stunning 43 meters long and almost 9 meters wide deluxe class vessel. Built in 2015 with latest state-of-the-art equipment and amenities The MV Admiral offers a maximum capacity of 39 passengers in 19 twin or double cabins and 1 single cabin. A hot tub and a salon for evening gathering on the upper deck guarantees an intimate setting for all guests. Check in to the vessel at Split harbor pier side, then enjoy our guided tour of Split, a historic town under UNESCO protection. Of special interest is the magnificent Diocletian palace, once inhabited by the Roman emperor. Return to the ship for a welcome cocktail and enjoy the meet & greet party on board. Overnight in Split. (D)
September 8 – Sunday – SPLIT – KORČULA
Early morning departure as we cruise towards Korčula Island, best known as the birthplace of Marco Polo. Stop for lunch in one of the secluded bays en route. Early afternoon arrival in Korčula followed by a guided walking tour of this lovely town with its fortified walls. Overnight in Korčula harbor. (B, L)
September 9 – Monday – KORČULA – DUBROVNIK
We head further south to the Island of Mljet where we can join the cruise manager for a stroll to the famous salt lakes in the Mljet National Park. Here we enjoy a small boat ride to St Mary Isle in the middle of Mljet Island to visit an ancient Benedictine monastery, an old abbey and a Church dating from the 12th Century. Return to the ship for lunch after which we depart towards Dubrovnik with a late afternoon arrival. Before we tie the ropes at Gruž harbor, the captain will take you for a cruise alongside the old city walls while a buffet dinner is served on deck to enjoy the spectacular views of the city walls. Overnight in Dubrovnik. (B, L, D)
September 10 – Tuesday – DUBROVNIK
Today you have a whole day to enjoy this magical town. After breakfast transfer to the old town for a guided walking tour followed by a cable car from the Old Town to the top of Srđ mountain to enjoy scenic views of the Walls and Elaphiti Islands. A commanding view enables you to take best pictures of the old town. Our ship spends the evening in the harbor allowing for late night exploring of this lively city. Overnight in Dubrovnik. (B)
September 11 – Wednesday – DUBROVNIK – PELJEŠAC PENINSULA
In the morning, we will leave this magnificent town and continue our cruise towards a little seaside village on the Pelješac peninsula, well known for its excellent wine. Before lunc, we will make a short stop at one of the Elaphiti Islands then arrive in Pelješac. Transfer to the village Kuna for a tour of the local church and monastery followed by a visit to a local farm where you will indulge in a typical village evening with Croatian delicacies, an all-inclusive dinner with local dishes made from their own produce. After a lively time, we transfer back to the ship. Overnight moored along the Pelješac peninsula. (B, L, D)
September 12 – Thursday – PELJEŠAC PENINSULA – HVAR
Morning departure towards the Island of Hvar. Lunch stop on the small Island of Šćedro followed by a swim stop at the Pakleni Islands. Arrival to Hvar in the afternoon. Hvar is the longest island in the Adriatic and one of the sunniest, known for lavish lavender fields and breathtaking beauty. Before disembarking there will be a short presentation of lavender products followed by a tour of the town. Overnight docked in Hvar harbor. (B)
September 13 – Friday – HVAR – BOL
Our final stop will be the Island of Brač and picturesque town of Bol. Walk along the promenade and swim at one of the most famous beaches in Dalmatia – Zlatni Rat, or ‘the Golden Horn’. Bol is a typical fishermen’s town that has turned into a popular tourist destination. Enjoy lunch on board and more time to explore the resort until we head onshore for an afternoon wine tasting in the facilities of the oldest Dalmatia wine cooperative (dating 1903). The evening is reserved for the Captain’s farewell dinner with entertainment served onboard the MV Admiral. Overnight in Bol. (B, L, D)
September 14 – Saturday – BOL – SPLIT – RIJEKA
Early morning departure for Split and upon docking, it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends! Check out by 9am to meet our waiting coach driver for part 2 of our Croatian adventure! We’ll transfer luggage to the coach and head north along the upper Adriatic to the Austro Hungarian era resort town of Opatija. We’ll stop for an included snack en route and take time for a nice walk along the beautiful promenade of this seaside beauty. Then it’s on to nearby Rijeka, a famous port city where we check into our hotel and enjoy a dinner from this region’s local flavors. Hotel BONAVIA (B, L, D)
September 15 – Sunday – RIJEKA – POSTOJNA – LJUBLJANA – OTOČEC
After breakfast we leave the seaside and head into the rugged interior, crossing the border into southern Slovenia’s famous Karst region. Massive limestone formations from ancient seas are buried below ground and have been carved out by multiple underground streams and rivers. We will head underground to witness this amazing transformation of sold rock into giant caverns filled with stalactites and stalagmites as we tour the longest cave in Europe, the famous Postojna Caves. Then north for a short stop in the scenic center of Ljubljana, the nation’s capital city, for an orientation tour of the lively pedestrian center. Time for a lunch break, then head east toward the old city of Novo Mesto where we check in to the hotel ŠPORT. A chance to freshen up before heading across the tiny bridge to enjoy a magnificent dinner at the Medieval CASTLE OTOČEC RESTAURANT. Overnight, Hotel SPORT. (B, D)
September 16 – Monday – OTOČEC – ZAGREB
Breakfast at the hotel then we will head to Croatia’s Capitol city, Zagreb. After checking in at the hotel, meet your local English speaking guide for an overview sightseeing tour of the vibrant center of Zagreb. We’ll begin a with a visit of the “Dolac,” an open air fruit and vegetable market. Then, we will witness the changing of the Cravat Regiment guard at St. Mark’s Square at noon time where we enjoy a coffee at Cvjetni trg, the Flower square. Zagreb is the capitol of Croatia, also a cultural, historic and business metropolis with many beautiful attractions such as: Ban Jelacic square, The Zagreb Cathedral, Upper town, Stone gate, St. Marco’s church, The Tower of Lotrscak, the expanded Botanical gardens and more. We’ll check into our centrally located hotel DUBROVNIK, Situated on the main square. Tonight, we’ll go out for dinner in one of the fine restaurants within walking distance from hotel. Overnight Zagreb. (B, D)
September 17 – Tuesday – ZAGREB
After breakfast, we’ll do a visit of Archive (sightseeing tour) and then offer some time at the library for those who want to learn more about their origins and geneology. Free time to wander the city in the afternoon and evening. Dinner own arrangement, overnight Zagreb. (B)
September 18 – Wednesday – ZAGREB
After breakfast, we have an open day set aside for you. Some will set up visits to ancestral villages while others will tour the city and maybe take in a performance in the city. Gather back at our hotel this evening for a Farewell Dinner hosted at the DUBROVNIK. Overnight Zagreb. (B, WT, D)
September 19 – Thursday – ZAGREB
An early morning for many as we rise in time to catch early flights to our European gateways and then on to our home cities!
- Escorted throughout by our experienced host: Robert Jerin
- Private air-conditioned deluxe motor coach for all transfers
- Welcome dinner and drink at our Hotel Dubrovnik in Zagreb
- Welcome reception, 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 5 dinners
- Expert local guides and tour manager
- Traditional wine tasting with snacks at the Kezele Family House
- Dinner of local specialities at the Gastonica Purger restaurant
- Tour of Ptuj Castle Museum and wine tasting at Ptuj City Cellar
- Dinner with local musical entertainment in Ljubljana
- Traditional luncheon with local food and music in Radovljica
- Entrance fees to Lake Bled Castle
- Excursion to the world-famous Postojna Caverns
- Farewell dinner at our Hotel Union in Ljubljana
$3145 7 night cruise and 8 day Tour (Per Person Double Occupancy)
Lower Deck Cabin = Included
Upper Deck Cabin = +$450 per person
Single Hotel Room Supplement: +$365
- Add air from your home city to Split and return from Zagreb, Croatia
- Airfare available from most major cities
- Price is based on current exchange rate ($1.15 USD/Euro) and is subject to change if the rate varies by more than 3% at the time of full payment
- Your Initial Deposit of $400 per person secures your berth on the ship, the hotels, and the motor coach tour
- Full Payment is due no later than 60 days before departure, July 3, 2019
- Comprehensive Trip cancellation and Travel Insurance available and highly recommended; Cost for this Insurance coverage varies depending on the age of the travelers
FULL PAYMENT IS DUE July 5th, 2019.
- Because airline space is limited at special group rates, we urge your deposit of U.S.D. $400 per person as soon as possible. After all airline group space is gone, fares are subject to increase. Minimum of 20 passengers will be needed to operate this tour at the advertised price. Prices are subject to change if the Euro varies by more than 3% at time of final payment.
- Baggage Allowance: Free airline baggage allowance is two bags per person in addition to a carry-on piece. However, the tour operator has requested that there be a limit of 1 large suitcase at 50 pounds per person due to space restrictions aboard the motor coach and airlines weight allowances. NO RESPONSIBILITY IS INCURRED FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO BAGGAGE OR ANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS. TRAVEL BAGGAGE INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED AND AVAILABLE THROUGH PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL.
- Passport Requirements: A valid passport is required of all tour participants. A U.S.. passport is valid for 10 years. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months following your return to the United States. To apply for passports you can contact either your local passport office, Clerk of the District, or County Court. Professional Travel will be happy to help you obtain the necessary forms.
- Tour Price Excludes: Airport Departure Taxes, customs user fees, passports, all visa fees, optional tours, telephone, telex, fax and telegram charges, excess baggage charges, sundry tips, laundry, beverages and food not on the regular table d’hôte menu (these items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, or restaurant), portage at U.S./ Canada airports and all other items of a personal nature. Service charges at hotels and restaurants are prepaid. Travel Insurance is not included.
- Refund and Unused or Amended Tour Arrangements: Unused hotel accommodations, tour features or services are non-refundable, nor exchangeable for other accommodations, services or features. Should there be any reason to change features of the tour for the group, any additional expenses will be charged to the tour members. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, hotels substituted will be the equivalent of those shown. Single room available at a supplemental charge.
- Cancellation Penalties: If you cancel your reservation, your right to receive a refund is limited as set forth in the following schedules. All requests for refunds must be sent to us in writing. Charges for cancellation of the tour will be assessed by the participating airlines, tour operators, and hotels as follows: After deposit: U.S. $50.00 per person
90-61 days prior to departure: U.S. $300 per person, plus airfare
60-45 days prior to departure: U.S. $400 per person, plus airfare
44-30 days prior to departure: U.S. $1000.00 per person, plus airfare
29 days or less prior to departure: 100% penalty and no refund
Cancellation charges also apply to additional accommodations reserved prior to and after the tour.
- While every effort is made to ensure that baggage is properly handled and that the cancellation charges to you are kept to a minimum, Professional Travel cannot be held responsible for damages, loss or theft of luggage or personal belongings. You may secure a policy for baggage insurance, as well as insurance against sickness or accident, or trip cancellation and interruption insurance through Professional Travel. Important terms concerning pre-existing medical conditions, which are not covered, are described in the insurance brochure which will be sent for your review.
- Air Fare Facts: Air fares quoted in this brochure are subject to change without notice and are based on fares in effect at the time of printing. Late bookings can be accepted at slightly higher fares. Should there be an announced increase (by the airline) in the air fare, Professional Travel will contact passengers who will then be given the opportunity to pay for the air fare in full and be ticketed to avoid the increase. Airline surcharges and fees if increased will be passed on to the client.
- Revisions: A handling fee of U.S.D. $30.00 per transaction will be charged for any alteration or revision. A change of tour date or tour itinerary within 45 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation and new booking; regular cancellation fees apply.
- Responsibility Clause: Professional Travel Inc., Cleveland, Ohio (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) is responsible to you in making arrangements for the tour services offered in this brochure, including transportation, sightseeing and hotel accommodations. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers providing tour services are independent contractors and are not agents, employees or servants of or joint ventures with the Company. All certificates and other travel documents for tour services issued by the Company are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the suppliers and to the laws of the countries in which services are supplied. If the services included on the tour cannot be supplied or there are changes in an itinerary for reasons beyond the control of the Company, the Company will arrange for the provision of comparable services. Any resulting additional expenses will be payable by tour participants and any resulting savings will be refunded by the Company to tour participants. The Company reserves the right to make changes in the itinerary whenever the Company deems it necessary to the comfort, convenience or safety of the tour participants, and to cancel a tour at any time. If the Company cancels a tour, it shall have no responsibility beyond the refund of all monies paid to the Company by the tour participant. The tour participant agrees that neither the Company nor Robert Jerin shall be liable for any damages, loss (including personal injury, death and property loss) or expenses occasioned by any act or omission of any supplier providing tour services or of any other person. No person, other than an authorized representative of the Company by a document in writing, is authorized to vary any term or condition in this brochure, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions. Based on current Exchange Rate of 1.15 $US/Euro. Subject to change should currency change by 3% or more.